Sunday, August 01, 2010

Out for the summer, out forever!

School, that is!
Now, whenever I hear a Taiwanese kid whine, I can just ignore them. :)
One crazy-fun thing was participating in a "water fight" on Thursday- this involved, well, a good hour of running around the basketball courts throwing waterballoons and being shot with squirt guns. Amazingly no kids were badly injured. I gotta say, though, when a water balloon doesn't break when it hits you, man does it smart.
The other thing about Water Fight day- remember how when you were a kid playing in a pool for a while made you super-hungry? I thought I'd gotten over that because swimming laps now doesn't make me super-hungry. But man the water fight made me hungry. And I have been an eating machine ever since. Like I wake up at 5 am starving and eat my breakfast then go back to bed, then wake up at 7:30 and have to eat again. It's nuts. Today I went out to eat with a bunch of people from my congregation and we had to wait a bit for a table and I was like, sorry, gotta go to 7-11 and buy some almonds. They were like, here's a piece of candy! Um, no.
After lunch I invited them to go for ice cream and being Taiwanese people they were like, "Aren't you afraid you'll get fat?" well, yes. But I'm still hungry!
Hope that will go away soon. Honestly it's kind of tiring even procuring that much food. Tomorrow early early I got to Hong Kong and then a few days on the island of Penghu. I am quite unprepared for this trip. I have a hotel and a barely-read guidebook that made me realize that Hong Kong is not 10 square miles. But I think it'll be OK.

No comments: